Welcome to the FIU Libraries!
The FIU Libraries are available to help you make the transition from high school to the university academic environment. As a freshman, there will be new challenges, new opportunities, and new skills for you to learn and master. Please don't hesitate to ask for help.
- Feel lost or overwhelmed by your assignments? Don't know where to start? No worries - we are here to help you!
- Make the Library your learning and discovery partner -- class assignments, discovery, research papers, studying and group work, and more
- Get help by topic, class, or library service with the Research Guides.
- Search the library and discover books, articles, and other resources
- Formulate a topic for your paper
- Objectively evaluate the sources you've found and make sure they are right for your topic
- Integrate these sources into your plan for a paper or assignment
- Write well and argue your point objectively and effectively
- Use correct citation methods to build your bibliography
- Become a confident library user by learning, looking, questioning, and seeking help
- Make the library your place for study, meeting, group work, collaboration, and haven of learning and discovery