Datastream allows for only 2 simultaneous users so be sure to EXIT out of the program by clicking File followed by Exit.
1. Choose your category. Equities is the default option. Click on the drop-down box for other options.
2. Add the Series that you want to search. If you are using a DS Mnemonic, be sure to select that option from the drop-down box. If you don’t know the DS Mnemonic or Code, click to search.
3. Select the Series Type (right-hand corner of screen).
4. Select the Time Period from the radio buttons or click on the calendar icon to customize.
5. Click Run Now.
6. Export to Excel.
When working in Datastream with many companies at the same time or the same companies repeatedly, it can be useful to create a list that includes the specific companies.
1. Click Tools and select List Wizard from the drop-down box.
2. Select a Data Category from the drop-down box (the default is Equities).
3. Click to search for the DS Mnemonic.
4. Check the box next to the items you want to include in your list.
5. Click My Selections.
6. Click Return all Selections.
7. Click Next.
8. Save as a Local List and name the file. The file must end in .LLT.
9. Click Finish.
10. Select Local Lists from Category and click the list name you saved in step 8.
11. Select All for the Name.
12. Select the Series you want to export to an Excel file.
13. Click the fourth tab in the upper right hand corner and select Times Series Data.
14. Click the Run Now button.
15. Click the Excel Button. Your data will be exported into Excel.
16. Name your Excel file. Save it to your USB.